|Nominal duration||4 years (240 ECTS)|
|Tuition fee||$9,000.00 per year|
High school / secondary education (or higher)
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Turkish.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
You must take the original entry qualification documents along with you when you finally go to the university.
TOEFL IBT 65
At least 1 reference(s) must be provided.
A motivation letter must be added to your application.
One of the oldest engineering discipline, Civil Engineering, is a reasonably important field of engineering in countries that showing economic development and receiving a continuous migration to large cities due to rapid population growth. In our country, where urbanization have been increasing too quickly and enormously since 1990’s, there is a growing demand for civil engineers that have a command of the growing conditions of era and the advances in technology, and capable of using these attributes. In this regard, proficient in both national and international, scholarly and equipped civil engineering education is needed for our country, which located in the earthquake zone and consist of structures with problems in terms of both project and materials used, and still constructing these types of buildings. Today, with the technology, which takes a great part of our lives; designing, planning, calculating and building structures that can stand up to any challenge by the nature is of great importance. In accordance with this purpose, the Yaşar University Civil Engineering program is scheduled to open to train civil engineers that can project more durable and sensitive structures to environment by using information technologies effectively and ready to compete in construction industry.
1. Adequate knowledge in mathematics, science and engineering subjects pertaining to the civil engineering; ability to use theoretical and applied information in these areas to model and solve complex civil engineering problems.
2. Ability to identify, formulate, and solve civil engineering problems; ability to select and apply proper analysis and modeling methods for this purpose.
3. Ability to design a complex civil engineering system, process, device or product under realistic constraints and conditions, in such a way as to meet the desired results; ability to apply modern design methods for this purpose.
4. Ability to devise, select, and use modern techniques and tools needed for analyzing and solving complex problems encountered in civil engineering practice; ability to employ information technologies effectively.
5. Ability to design and conduct experiments, gather data, analyze and interpret results for investigating civil engineering problems.
6. Ability to work efficiently in intra-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary teams; ability to work individually.
7. Recognition of the need for lifelong learning; ability to access information, to follow developments in science and technology, and to continue to educate him/herself.
8. Acting in accordance with ethical principles, consciousness of professional and ethical responsibility; knowledge of the standards used in civil engineering practice.
9. Knowledge about business life practices such as project management, risk management, and change management; awareness of entrepreneurship and innovation; knowledge of sustainable development.
10. Knowledge about contemporary issues and the global and societal effects of engineering practices on health, environment, and safety; awareness of the legal consequences of engineering solutions.
Graduates are employed as civil engineers and could work both in multinational and/or local civil engineering projects as well as other employment options in which civil engineers are needed.